Sherry Paddon is a multi-disciplinary artist based in Perth, Western Australia. She grew up in country WA in the South Hedland area (Ngarda Ngarli Yarndu) and Mid West (Yamaji Country). She completed a Bachelor of Arts (majoring in Sculpture) at Curtin University in 2003, followed by postgraduate studies in art curatorial studies and secondary education. Her work has been seen in solo and group exhibitions around Australia and recently in the Philippines and the United States of America.
Sherry Paddon is currently using the medium of photography to explore memory, cultural heritage and the influence of aspirational advertising.
A small selection of work is available for sale via the Perth Centre for Photography.
- Joondalup Invitation Art Award, 2020
- Days of Their Lives, Perth Centre For Photography, 2020
- Sculpture By The Sea, Cottesloe, 2018
- Dirty, Poorly Dressed & Filled with Love, Erewhen Centre forthe Arts, 2013, Manila
- Bigger Than Me, Light Square Gallery, 2013, Adelaide
- Sculpture Party, C3 Art Space, 2013, Melbourne
- Lie of the Land, Embassy of Australia, Washington DC, 2012
- Cavern, Kings ARI, 2011, Melbourne
AWARDS / RESIDENCIES
- Artist In Resident, Fremantle Arts Centre, 2019-2020
- Art Angels Subsidy Recipient, 2018
- Creative Development Grant, DLGSCI, 2018
- Commission, City of Perth, 2014
- Artist In Resident, Light & Space Contemporary, Philippines, 2013